About Dr. Giacobazzi
Board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, Dr. Giacobazzi has authored more than 15 articles and presentations on plastic and reconstructive surgery techniques. He has served as an associate clinical professor of surgery at UCLA and has taught plastic surgery residents since 1978. Dr. Giacobazzi is honored to be a four time recipient of the award for excellence in clinical teaching for plastic surgery residents at UCLA.
Dr. Giacobazzi earned his medical degree from the University of Washington School of Medicine in 1965 after completing his undergraduate education at Oregon State University. After six years of military service, he went on to complete residency training in General Surgery as well as Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of California – Los Angeles. He was chief resident in his final year of both residencies.
During his time in the U.S. Air Force, Dr. Giacobazzi earned four medals and attained the rank of Major. His service began in 1964 with an internship at Wright-Patterson AFB Hospital and attendance at the School of Aerospace Medicine in Texas, continued with postings as a flight surgeon in Arizona and Vietnam, and culminated in Okinawa, where he served for three years as the Chief of Aerospace Medicine and the Chief of Professional Services at Kadena AFB.
Dr. Giacobazzi's professional memberships include:
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- California Society of Plastic Surgery
- Los Angeles Society of Plastic Surgeons (Vice President, 1983-6; Education Program Director, 1986-91; Secretary, 1991-4)
- UCLA Plastic Surgery Society
- American College of Surgeons (Fellow)
- UCLA Medical Center
- Olive View UCLA Medical Center
- Encino/Tarzana Regional Medical Center